Michael T. Qaissaunee
Professor Mike Qaissaunee is Chair of the Engineering and Technology Department and Director of Brookdale’s Cyber Center at Brookdale Community College. At Brookdale, Mike has written and been awarded multiple National Science Foundation (NSF) grants and Department of Education (DoE) grants including:
- Collaborative Research: Community College Accelerated CyberCorps® Pilot Program (NSF),
- Building a Virtual Lab Environment to Provide Cybersecurity Students with Improved Hands-on Skills (DoE/FIPSE),
- Building Capacity for Interactive Teaching and Learning (NSF),
- Building a Pipeline of Cyber Warriors Through Education and Competition Offered Through Community Colleges (NSF),
- E-books and Mobile Apps for Technician Education (NSF), and
- Mid-Atlantic Institute for Telecommunications Technologies (NSF).
The National Security Agency (NSA) has also provided support for GenCyber Cybersecurity camps for high school students in Summer 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019.
Professor Qaissaunee co-authored a 10th grade Engineering and Technology textbook, has been active at his own campus and around the country in promoting the adoption of new technologies in and approaches to teaching and learning and has conducted workshops and presented keynote addresses at more than 60 conferences nationwide.
Qaissaunee is the recipient of the People Who Made a Difference in Security award from the SANS Institute, two Educator of the Year awards, and Brookdale’s Barringer award, which recognizes career contributions to the college.
Mike received his undergraduate and graduate degrees in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Delaware (Newark, DE).
About the Interactives
The interactives were developed under the leadership of Mike Qaissaunee at the Brookdale Cyber Center with funding from an NSF Grant (DUE 1601612). You are encouraged to use the interactives to help teach and develop skills in cybersecurity and networking. If you have any suggestions for additional topics or would like to share how you are using these interactives please contact Mike Qaissaunee