June 2 - June 30| Free
This workshop is intended for community college faculty interested in becoming cybersecurity faculty or faculty wishing to expand their knowledge, earn an industry certification, and strengthen their ability to incorporate new cybersecurity content in their community college curriculum.
This workshop meets on June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, 2023.
About the Workshop:
CompTIA Security+ is the first security certification IT professionals should earn. It establishes the core knowledge required of any cybersecurity role and provides a springboard to intermediate level cybersecurity jobs.
CompTIA Security+ is a globally trusted, vendor-neutral certification that validates the baseline skills necessary to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career.
Security+ incorporates best practices in hands-on troubleshooting, this workshop will ensure candidates have practical security problem-solving skills required to:
- Assess the security posture of an enterprise environment and recommend and implement appropriate security solutions
- Monitor and secure hybrid environments, including cloud, mobile, and IoT
- Operate with an awareness of applicable laws and policies, including principles of governance, risk, and compliance
- Identify, analyze, and respond to security events and incidents
Eligible community college faculty who successfully pass the CompTIA Security+ certification exam will receive a stipend toward the cost of the certification.
To be eligible for the stipend, you must:
- Currently teach credit courses (full-time or adjunct) at a regionally accredited U.S. community or technical college
- Provide evidence that you passed the certification exam, such as a copy of the certification or exam report
- Provide a current W9 tax form to the NCyTE Center
This workshop is sponsored by the National Cybersecurity Training & Education Center (NCyTE).
NOTE: This workshop will be broadcast live via Zoom – attendees should expect to login in to the workshop and participate at the times scheduled (10:00AM – 4:00PM CDT).